This unexpected combo (and wrap) will transform your snack time.
Photo: Cath Muscat
The peanut butter and banana wrap is iconic at this point. But this twist from activewear designer Lorna Jane Clarkson’s cookbook Eat Good Food is a star in its own right. Using rainbow chard (which is slightly sweeter and milder than spinach) for your wrap and opting for crunchy peanut butter completely change up the taste and texture. And the addition of dark chocolate? No explanation needed.
Banana, Chocolate & Peanut Butter Swiss Chard Wraps
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 4 rainbow chard leaves, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut in half crossways
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dark chocolate (70 percent cocoa)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Remove stalks and trim center vein from rainbow chard.
- Place leaves stalk-sides down and spread peanut butter along centers. Place banana halves crossways across the middle of the leaves. Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with chocolate and cinnamon.
- Fold in the sides and roll up to enclose the filling (like a rice paper roll). Secure with a toothpick and cut in half with a serrated knife.
Nutrition facts per serving: 17.4g fat, 37.1g carbs, 10.2g protein, 6g fiber